Pricing Table Particle

Quickly drive clicks-and-mortar catalysts for change
  • Basic
  • Standard Compliant Channels
  • $50
  • Completely synergize resource taxing relationships via premier market
  • 1 GB of space
  • Support at $25/hour
  • Sign Up
  • Premium
  • Standard Compliant Channels
  • $100
  • Completely synergize resource taxing relationships via premier market
  • 10 GB of space
  • Support at $15/hour
  • Sign Up

Generally, state workers’ compensation laws do not apply to federal government employees. Federal government employees have their own system that will compensate employees who are injured at work or on the job.

The Federal Employee’s Compensation Act, or FECA, governs the workers’ compensation benefits that federal government employees can receive. Under this act, a federal government employee is eligible for benefits when that employee is disabled or killed as a result of an injury that is “sustained while in the performance of duty.”

Other classes of employees, even though they aren’t employed by the federal government, may also be covered by federal workers’ compensation laws specific to their industry. For example, the Federal Employer’s Liability Act provides compensation for employees, such as railroad workers, who are injured while engaged in interstate transportation. The Jones Act provides benefits for seamen injured at work and the Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act provides similar benefits to longshoremen and others who are engaged in maritime activities on navigable waters. There are other laws that cover the workers’ compensation benefits for certain employees. Some of these laws include the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act, the Death on the High Seas Act, and the Defense Base Act.

Whether your workers’ compensation benefits fall under FECA or another federal law depends on the type of work you do and your particular situation. You should contact an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer who can help you obtain the maximum benefits under the laws that govern your employer.

The laws governing the workers’ compensation system, including which employees are covered, employers’ responsibilities, benefits and third parties vary from state to state. If you are either an employer or an employee injured at work, the best way to protect your interests is to contact an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer familiar with the laws of your state.

When you've been hurt, either in an accident or on the job, you need help. With medical bills mounting, calls from creditors, and the difficulty in getting better, you don't know where to turn. That's when Island & Huff, can help. Island, & Huff is a full service law firm that helps people. Island & Huff will help you through the legal process and protect your interest. When Island & Huff gets involved, you can set aside your worries and get back to getting better. So when your injured, call Island & Huff at 635-4900. We'll help you get back on track.

The Lot Book

Sterling T. Huff This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. is a graduate of the Creighton University School of Law and is a western Nebraska native. After graduating from law school, Sterling returned to western Nebraska to practice law and provide legal services to the people of the panhandle. Sterling has been in private practice in Scottsbluff since 1999. Read More

If you would like to schedule a initial consultation contact a Nebraska job / employment / head neck back accident or injury attorney, representing clients in Oshkosh, Nebraska at the Island & Huff. Give us a call at (866) 635-4900 or complete our inquiry form.